Sunday, April 4, 2010

Nolan's First State Tournament

Matt and Nolan leaving Diddle Arena (NOlan lost his pants during the game because he got really hot...my child usually wears pants, I swear!)
Some of the girls after a very long night cheering. We lost in double overtime.

Hay, Britt, and Kayla after being asked to visit the milk mustach booth

Our first state tournament

Nolan has had a lot of first's all ready this year and he added another one to his list by going to his first girls basketball state tournament. The state tournament is held at Western Kentucky University (my alma mater....GO TOPS) and is about 30 minutes from home. Since it was during the week I had to take a couple days off from school to accompany the cheerleaders but got to take my lil man along with me. So we got to spend some quality time together on our little mini-vaca. He is such a sweet and laid back baby, he just went along with everything and was such a good boy! The cheerleaders and basketball players provided non-stop entertainment for him at the hotel which was nice and fun to watch. The cheerleaders had a good time and placed 5th out of 16 squads at the in-game competition held during the first games of the tournament. My girls practiced really hard and cheered non-stop during the game. Top 5 was our goal and the highest we have ever placed. I was so proud of their hard work and dedication!

1 comment:

  1. congrats to the team! I bet Nolan was having so much fun and I'm sure tons of attention.

    ReplyDelete