Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nolan Matthew Wise


We found out that we were expecting on Feburary 2, 2009 during the ice storm. Our due date was October 4th, 2009. We were both so excited and scared to be expecting our first baby! We didn't get to go to the doctor until I was 8 weeks and it was the longest weeks just waiting!



I just KNEW I was going to be having a girl, I even told the ultrasound tech it was a girl. However, I was wrong, way wrong because we knew found out at 13 weeks (that is really early to find out but you will see below why we found out then) that we were in deed, no doubt about it, having a lil man! I am not going to lie, I was scared to death about having a litle boy! I didn't know anything about little boys. But eventually the scaredness turned to excitement!


My pregnancy was wonderful! I loved being pregnant eventhough I did have a couple complications. At 13 weeks I was began bleeding and immediately thought the worst but after visiting the amazing Dr. Griffen (Dr. G) we found out it was just from implantation. So don't assume the worst if you start bleeding because the first thing they will tell you is that it is not uncommon for you to bleed. I also had low iron and had to be put on iron pills, but they made me feel so much better. I immediately regained energy when I began taking them. I also experienced pre-eclampsia at the end of my pregnancy but even that wasn't bad. I had a very mild form because I only had 1 of the 3 main symptoms. I had protein in my urine but no high blood pressure or swelling. After typing that it seems like I had a rough pregnancy BUT it was not, I was so blessed with a wonderful pregnancy!



During my pregnancy I felt great especially during my 3rd trimester. I had a pretty easy pregnancy! I didn't have heartburn, swelling, cravings, high blood pressure, mood swings or any of the things that people complain about having while pregnant. I felt the best I ever had while I was pregnant, it was one of the happiest times in my life. I loved guessing what the sex was, finding out the sex, wondering what he would look like, finding out what was going on each week, picking his name, feeling him kick, feeling hiccups, and just knowing that he was safe inside me.



At my 35 week appointment we went in thinking it was a normal routine visit and it was--until the end of the appointment. I could tell at that moment that Dr. G was serious, his whole demeanor was different. He said that my protein in my urine was too high at 280 and that I had to do another 24 hr urine test and if it had reached 300 then I would be on bedrest and deliver at 37 weeks. WHAT!?!?! I felt great and I told him I didn't need bedrest, but I was immediatly told that in fact I did because my precious cargo was in a "hostile environment." You can't imagine the shock and fear that I had when he spoke to us about this and then mentioned that I had mild pre-eclampsia. Me??? I was in shock as we left the office and I broke down when we got to the elevator. I was so blindsided. But I had to recover quickly because I had to get to school and teach my kiddos and talk to my principal. I did my 24 hour urine test and prayed for low numbers. The next day we had to go back in to deliver the "jug-o-pee" and do some blood work. I tried to remain calm and relaxed that day and hope for the best. I DID NOT want to go on bed rest! I felt too good, didn't want to depend on others, and really wanted my maternity leave to be spent with my little bundle of joy and not spent laying around. But God had other plans! Nurse Carla (a total blessing during my pregnancy) called and said, "You weren't thinking low enough" and I immediately knew that the numbers were not in my favor. My levels had jumped to 325 and bedrest was in my immediate future. This was not how I had planned to end my pregnancy but you know what they say about making plans. On top of all of this our kitchen was in the middle of being remodeled and Matt was set to have surgery to remove his rod and screws from his leg the VERY NEXT DAY!!! Needless to say the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy was a whirlwind!


















No comments:

Post a Comment